I love to cook, but cooking for one can be a bit of a challenge. I have come up with some great ways to enjoy home-cooked meals for a family even though it is just me. Pinterest has become my go-to for anything, especially dinner ideas.
- Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp Pasta – I actually just made this. The recipe calls for angel hair pasta but I substituted it for zucchini and carrot noddles. I found these pre-made noodles in the frozen section. This recipe was super easy to make and took little to no time.
- Crock Pot Beef Stew – I just made this recipe, too. I love a good crock pot meal because I do not have to do a lot of work. I love being able to get it all ready and let it cook while I am at work. This stew is full of flavor and goes a long way.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Bowls – Like I said before, I love a crock pot meal. I also love anything with teriyaki. I have made these multiple times and give them more than five stars. It was so easy to make and tasted amazing.
- Honey Glazed Salmon – Oh my! This is such a great recipe. Also, it is light, meaning you get full, but do not end up feeling “blah” afterward. This is a great meal to make with some roasted veggies. I have made it a few times and can say it is not a hard recipe.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Soup – Another great fall recipe and it is all done in a crock pot. Score! I have made this and made my parents try it, too. We all loved it. This is perfect for a cold, cloudy day.
To make these recipes work for one, I split them up in containers and freeze them until I am ready to eat them. This works great for my weekday lunches. I am usually in a crunch for time on my lunch break and having an already made meal is perfect. Do you prefer to prepare your own meals or are you more of a take-out person? Leave a comment below.
Leave a Reply