Finally coming to grips with my dairy intolerance was the hardest thing I had to do. I love milk, cheese, and ice cream. It was so hard to give it up, but I knew that I would feel better if I did.
My reasoning behind going dairy-free came from much research I did on my own. I read articles from reputable holistic doctors explaining common complications for people with a dairy intolerance. Knowing in my gut (no pun intended) that this was probably the root of my problems, I decided to test it out for a week. I felt so much better in that short time. I knew I did not have any other choice than to go dairy free or keep having the symptoms I had. Bonus! I lost 10lbs just by cutting out dairy.
Since then, I have made an effort of finding great dairy-free options to replace the foods I used to love.
- Fairlife Lactose-Free – This milk is amazing for two reasons. One, in my opinion, it tastes better than regular milk. I used to drink at least three glasses of milk a day, and I was picky about my milk. Two, it is ultrafiltered which is so important for our health.
- Nada Moo Ice Cream – This Texas made coconut milk ice cream is the best dairy-free ice cream. I have tried so many other brands and none compare to Nada Moo.
- Forager Project yogurt – I used to eat yogurt every day for breakfast and the thought of going without it made me so sad. I tried a few other brands but I came back to this one. It is creamy and does not have an almond aftertaste like the Kite Hill one does. Forager Projects cashew yogurt tastes the most like dairy yogurt.
- Fairlife Smart Shakes – This is a great breakfast alternative. With 15g of protein, it will keep you full. I love to take these on the go when I am on my way to work.
- Boom Chicka Pop – I’m OBSESSED with this popcorn it is low in calories, gluten-free, and if you get the sea salt flavor it is dairy-free. I could eat a whole bag in one sitting. It is the perfect salty snack.
I have actually enjoyed having to eat dairy-free now that I have discovered these amazing products. I would love more products to try. If you have a dairy-free product you love, leave it in the comments below. Also, follow along on Instagram @nat_ponder to see what else I am up to.