My favorite pieces of clothing to buy are those that I can wear year round. My closet is full of “closet staples.” They are my favorite pieces in my closet.
- Black leggings – Owning a great pair of black leggings is an essential part of any wardrobe. I wear leggings all through the fall and winter. This pair is my all time favorite. I love that they are high waisted, so they hold everything in. 😉 Also, they are so comfy with makes wearing them everyday easy.
- Black sneakers – I live in sneakers. They are like my uniform. This pair is super comfy. I sometimes wear them to work, where I have to stand all day. Another reason they are great is that they go with everything.
- Black tee – I love a good black t-shirt. I wear this one all the time. Whether it be by itself or layered with a cardigan/flannel. I actually have this shirt in other colors, as well. The fabric is super soft.
- Jeans – Owning a good pair of jeans is a no-brainer. This pair is one of my favorites. I actually received them in a Stitchfix box a few years ago. The denim is stretchy which is a must for me. I am also in love with the wash.
- Denim jacket – I cannot live without a denim jacket. I actually own more than one. I wear them all the time whether it be with a dress, jeans and a t-shirt, or leggings. Denim jackets are so versatile. They also work for every season.
- Black & white long sleeve tee – This is another great layering piece. I love how soft this shirt is. I wear it all the time in the fall/winter. My favorite way to wear it is under a cardigan. I love that it is long enough to wear with leggings, but I can also front tuck it when I want to.
As you can see, I love denim and black. They are my go-to colors/fabric. I would love to know what some of your “closet staples” are. Leave a comment below. Also, follow me on Instagram to see more of my outfits @nat_ponder.